• Continue to deadhead herbaceous perennials and roses as flowers go over.
• Continue to edge borders.
• Cutback oriental poppies once flowered.
• Divide bearded irises if flowering is declining – re plant the youngest rhizomes.
• Deadhead roses.
• Trim evergreen hedges.
• Turn compost heaps.
• Cut back spent flowers of climbing hydrangea.
• Feed dahlias / cannas etc.
• Take cuttings of clematis.
• Sow biennials.
• Thin dessert apples and cooking apples.
• Sow spring cabbages and plant out winter cabbages.
• Water courgettes consistently to encourage a good crop.
• Mulch long term crops like brassicas
• Water fruit trees / bushes.