Jobs to be Done July:
- Continue to deadhead herbaceous perennials and roses as flowers go over.
- Continue to edge borders.
- Cutback oriental poppies once flowered.
- Divide bearded irises if flowering is declining – re plant the youngest rhizomes.
- Deadhead roses.
- Trim evergreen hedges.
- Turn compost heaps.
- Cut back spent flowers of climbing hydrangea.
- Feed dahlias / cannas etc.
- Take cuttings of clematis.
- Sow biennials.
- Thin dessert apples and cooking apples.
- Sow spring cabbages and plant out winter cabbages.
- Water courgettes consistently to encourage a good crop.
- Mulch long term crops like brassicas
· Water fruit trees / bushes.