- Give the borders one last tidy before Christmas by removing any debris, leaves etc.
- Check newly planted shrubs for wind rock (loosened soil around base) after strong winds firming soil.
- Avoid any pruning when frost or snow is forecast.
- Replenish birdfeeders as soon as they run out.
- Plant winter flowering shrubs like daphne and sarcococca.
- Prune acer, betula before mid December to avoid bleeding cuts.
- Mulch if the weather is still mild.
- Harvest winter veg like sprouts etc.
- Clear any remaining plant debris and compost.
- Prune free standing apples, pears, currants and gooseberries.
- Do not prune stone fruit until spring to avoid silver leaf disease.
- Prune grape vines by mid December.
- Continue to plant fruit bushes etc.
- Divide and re plant rhubarb.
- Lag outdoor taps and pipes to avoid them freezing.
- Ventilate greenhouse on mild days.